Monday, February 6, 2012

A Little Bit Crafty - Part Two

Okay, so I've been a little lazy posting lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. For some reason sewing and craft is my thing, it lets me unwind after work or a long day with kids, what can I say, I love it!

A few weeks ago I put together a couple of cute things for a couple of friends of mine due to have babies, (one is now here, the other will be anyday now). I made.... nappy cakes.



The main part of the cake is made from rolled up nappies, the cake base is wrapped in muslin cloth, the top of the cake is decorated with a washable waterproof wet bag, baby socks and a knitted headband. Pretty much the whole thing is useful (at least that's the plan).

And while cleaning up the spare room the other day, I discovered a pile of knitted squares. I had knitted these years ago, before I had kids, for a friend's baby. But I never finished it. I have now decided to finish it and knit it for the next friend who has a little boy.



And tonight I finished sewing a hat for Chicken to match her skirt.


Ta Dah! It's reversible

Now Gremlin wants a hat of course, I'm thinking it'll be a dinosaur hat. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment