Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Good Mummy / Bad Mummy

You gotta take the good with the bad, right?

I'm not a huge fan of kids watching too much TV. Having said that, mine do. Quite a few kids can have the TV on and still run around the house and play, I don't mind those kids watching TV. Mine don't. Gremlin and Chicken turn into TV zombies, you know the kind, they sit and stare, mouth open, drooling slightly, slowly creeping closer and closer to the screen. That's my kids. Gremlin even throws a tantrum when the TV goes off.

But today I let them watch 3 kids dvds (admittedly one of those was put on at 5am so I could sleep a bit before the sun rose). I'm a baaaad mummy.



But I did three loads of washing, vacuumed the house and cooked and pureed some fruit for some baby food for Chicken and put it containers in the freezer. So I'm now a good mummy.

I'm one of those people who beat themselves up about not being able to do everything. I'm trying to give myself a bit of a break, so today, hopefully, I'll let myself end the day thinking I'm a good mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment