Monday, May 7, 2012

When the Kids are Away...

Mummy and the sewing machine start to play.

W@dsy's fantastic parents are looking after the kids for a couple of nights to give W@dsy and I a break. So I am doing what I love to do when I get spare time, sew.

Inspired by the craftiness of Faith from PoPnBelle, I decided to make my kids a quilt each. No, I will not attempt this in one day, in fact this has happened over a couple of weeks. I have never made a quilt before, so I visited Youtube, of course. I found this from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. Then I went over to the local quilting shop and bought some cute fabric for Chicken's quilt and cut it into 5" squares.


I layed them out the way I wanted them.


Sewed them together.


Added borders.


And now I  have the top piece of the quilt!

All I have to do is get the batting, quilt it all together and then sew the binding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment